Pages

Friday, February 24, 2017

Dining Area for the Coastal Cabin


Since I don't particularly want to spend too much on my holiday cabin I look for bargains to upcycle furniture. I look everywhere, Op-shops (mostly Sally's and Vinnie's), second hand furniture shops, Also I can't forget Gumtree, the free Local Classifieds from all over Australia, to Buy and Sell in your local are. I also browse the Green Shed, which is a second hand building materials outlet.









 
View of the 'dining area' when I purchased the cabin








I started ... totally cleaned floors and walls, gave away or tossed out all the original furniture left there.
Pictures is with a few newly purchased/up-cycled items




Added a $29.oo white standard lamp, from Bunnings, since there is no direct lighting above the table.










 
NEARLY ready, walls are still to be painted white.




~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I paid $20.oo for the table and 2 high gloss finish spray paint, at.$12.oo for both.


The table is small 500 cm x 1200 cm and made from pine, I did like the turned legs.

(didn't get an original pic, of course I only remembered to take a photo once I started to up-cycle it)

      
I sanded all of the table and did a quick base job with old white paint. sanded between coats.
 (PS: the cane sofa chairs in the background are for the decking at the front of the cabin down the coast) 










I didn't paint underneath the table and love the look of the turned legs




 



My sister had some lovely cane and wicker chairs she had not used since forever. (Free)
    
I spray painted the chairs in white high gloss paint 3 coats . ($18.oo)













 
 

4 Cushions from The Reject Shop for $8 each. $32.oo.
All the table ceramics table toppers are from one and/or other op-shop. Approx $20.oo












The jute 2 m round mat I bought from K-Mart for $39.oo.








The pictures on the wall are framed water colour sketches I found at Sally's for $24.oo







The walls still need to be painted (white) maybe with some borders... but wont look at that option until it is all painted. I saw some great ideas on the site Hometalk.com. and Pinterest.com


All up the dining area cost me under $200.oo and I am pretty happy about that!! (The cost of the blue, fully lined, curtains I will add in the grand total of curtains purchased)







No comments:

Post a Comment